Re: autovacuum process (PID ...) was terminated by signal 11 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: autovacuum process (PID ...) was terminated by signal 11
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Brian Hirt <bhirt@mobygames.com> writes:
> I can analyze that table without problems.  I don't know if it's the
> same table every time.   I'm trying to set up a development
> environment where i can test this stuff better without messing up our
> production systems. The table does have an expresional index.

I've managed to reproduce this: the triggering condition is that a
single autovac iteration has to VACUUM one table and then ANALYZE
(no vac) another table that has an expressional index with a plpgsql
function.  It looks like we missed a path of control where
ActiveSnapshot has to be re-set-up, but I'm not clear where.

            regards, tom lane