Re: CSV consecutive newline bug - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: CSV consecutive newline bug
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I have just been alerted to a bug in the 8.0 handling of embedded
> newlines in CSV data. Basically it barfs on consecutive newlines. The
> attached patch for 8.0 appears to fix it. The bug isn't present in the
> HEAD branch, and I'm wondering if we should not backpatch the HEAD
> multiline patch rather than applying this.

Is there a particular reason to backport the larger patch? As a general
rule I'm inclined to apply minimally-invasive fixes to stable branches,
but I don't know the code in question, so perhaps there is some reason
to make an exception in this case.

Also, a regression test for this bug would be nice :)

-Neil