Re: BUG #1644: control structeres perfomance in pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Klint Gore
Subject Re: BUG #1644: control structeres perfomance in pgsql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:52:32 +1000, Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> wrote:
> tirny wrote:
> > any code instructions
> > ***
> > IF FOUND AND TG_OP = 'UPDATE' THEN
> > ***
> > END IF;
> > ***
> >
> > if not found plsql does't break this structure after IF FOUND and proceed
> > TG_OP = \'UPDATE\', what bring control structures to:
> > IF FOUND THEN
> >   IF TG_OP = 'UPDATE' THEN
> >    ***
> >   END IF;
> > END IF;
> >
> > inconveniently, isn't it?
>
> I don't understand. Can you explain what the problem is?

I think they mean that it doesn't do short-circuit evaluation.

[to tirny]
If so, see explanation in the documentation at the bottom of
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-expressions.html

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :