Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache
Date
List pgsql-general
Robin Boerdijk wrote:
> Why would
> this web/database server be limited to using only one connection?

No it wouldn't. I misunderstood your question. It's one process/one
connection. If you don't use Apache as a multi-threaded server, then
your question makes more sense. Still, it's a lot of work to make it
happen and I'm not sure you'd gain anything. My advice would be to
consider a multi-threaded server that uses a connection pool and perhaps
include some shared caching of data that is more static in nature in the
middle tier. That could really save some context switches.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren