Re: batch inserts are "slow" - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: batch inserts are "slow"
Date
List pgsql-performance
Kris is correct,

This code was not added or even submitted to CVS. The purpose of this
was to work
out the bugs with people who are actually using copy.

The api is a separate issue however. There's no reason that copy can't
support more
than one api.

Dave

Kris Jurka wrote:

>On Tue, 3 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>>There are several hacks floating around that add COPY capabilities to
>>>the pgjdbc driver. As they all are rather simple hacks, they have not
>>>been included in the cvs yet, but they tend to work fine.
>>>

>>FWIW, Dave Cramer just added beta COPY capability to JDBC.   Contact him on
>>the JDBC list for details; I think he needs testers.
>>

>I believe Dave has remerged a patch for COPY I posted over a year ago, but
>he has not yet published it.  I would guess it has the same bugs as the
>original (transaction + error handling) and will meet the same objections
>that kept the original patch out of the driver in the first place (we want
>a friendlier API than just a data stream).
>
>Kris Jurka

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com
519 939 0336
ICQ#14675561