Re: temp tables ORACLE/PGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Sacks
Subject Re: temp tables ORACLE/PGSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Caduto wrote:

> This is not entirely correct.   We use temp tables all the time in
> PLpgsql functions and never have to use
> execute.  We have found that you have to use EXECUTE only in certain
> circumstances.
>

> we use this in all our functions that use temp tables, and we use PG
> Lightning Admin, which refreshes the
> connection each time you run a query which gets around a lot of issues
> with temp tables.

If you refresh the connection each time you run a query,  maybe you
don't need to use EXECUTE with temporary tables in stored procedures,
but who does that in a production database application? Most people want
to re-use connections for performance reasons.

Dennis