Re: Table Partitioning: Will it be supported in Future? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From apoc9009@yahoo.de
Subject Re: Table Partitioning: Will it be supported in Future?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hmm,

I have asked some Peoples on the List an some one has posted this links

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2004-12/msg00101.php

It is quite usefull to read but iam not sure thadt theese Trick is verry
helpfull.

I want to splitt my 1GByte Table into some little Partitions but how
should i do thadt?
With the ORACLE Partitioning Option, i can Configurering my Table withe
Enterprise
Manager or SQL Plus but in this case it looks like Trap.

Should i really decrease my Tabledata size  and spread them to other
Tables with the
same Structure by limiting Records???

The next Problem i see, how should i do a Insert/Update/Delete on 4
Tables of the
same Structure at one Query???

No missunderstanding. We talking not about normalization or
restructuring the Colums
of a table. We talking about Partitioning and in this case at Postgres
(emultation
of Partitioning wir UNIONS for Performance tuning)..

Josh