Re: Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns
Date
In response to Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I have developed the attached patch to warn about column reordering in
> this odd case.  The patch mentions the reordering of c:

>     NOTICE:  merging column "a" with inherited definition
>     NOTICE:  merging column "c" with inherited definition;  column moved earlier to match inherited column location

This does not comport with our error message style guidelines.
You could put the additional information as an errdetail sentence,
perhaps.