Re: Loosing connection with the database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Poul Møller Hansen
Subject Re: Loosing connection with the database
Date
List pgsql-general
Poul Møller Hansen wrote:

I'm using Postgresql version 7.4.7 and jdbc driver version
pg74.215.jdbc3.jar.

Do you have a clue on what's going on ?

No, I don't.  Do you have any more information?  What is your code doing
when it fails?  Just issuing a regular query?  Are you using any of the
less common driver features: Large objects, fastpath api, a COPY patch?
If the driver had a protocol problem I would expect it to be rather
repeatable.  If the driver had a synchronization problem it should have
disappeared when you moved to a single thread model.  I've attached the
test script I've used to try and beat on the driver.

Kris Jurka
Thanks, your application runs without any problems, so it can't provoke the error.
I'm only using plain sql insert and update statements, the only special use I can think of, is that I'm
using triggers in the tables, but I can't imagine they can cause it.
I have now added extensive logging to the application, but so far the problem hasn't appeared.

Poul