plpgsql default arguments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Lindstrom
Subject plpgsql default arguments
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello-

I am running postgres on a Linux system and have been using plpgsql to
write functions.  Is there a way to specify default arguments?  For
example, I would like to offer the user to specify a date to use in my
function but if no date is specified I would like to use the current
date.  Easy to do in C, C++, Perl, and Python (and, I assume Java), but
I can't find anything in the documentation or on Google.  Is it possible
in plpgsql?

Thanks,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859 (office)
Senior Programmer            501 219-4455 (fax)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.