What is the binary format for timestamps? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Marvin Bellamy
Subject What is the binary format for timestamps?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I'm trying to read/write timestamps as binary data, but I'm getting
garbage.  It looks like there are 8 bytes of timestamp data (if I read
the headers correctly), which I had assumed was the time in millis from
the PostgreSQL epoch, but my values are way off.  I wrote what I thought
was valid data to my  timestamp columns, but my queries in the psql
console show (epoch?) for each one.  When I read the binary content
back, I'd expect to get 0s, but I get some non-zero values.

--
Marvin Keith Bellamy
Software Engineer