Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane said:
>> Hmm. Windows reports an offset size of 4 bytes on a dump I just made
>> ...  is that relevant? What governs it?
>
> [ looks again... ]  Hm, that is a 40Gb dump Kevin is complaining of,
> isn't it.  Do our Windows builds have LARGEFILE support?

I think from a cursory investigation the short answer is no, but they
probably could. If so, that should definitely go on the TODO list. Windows
gurus, any thoughts?

Meanwhile, the answer seems to be to use text dumps if you run into this
problem.

cheers

andrew