Re: Boolean search - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jeffrey Melloy
Subject Re: Boolean search
Date
List pgsql-novice
You need to run a top-level ./configure

The easiest way to do this if you've installed PostgreSQL from a package
(like the one from http://www.entropy.de) is to run
./configure --without-readline

Which makes it compile correctly without having to install readline. If
you've installed PostgreSQL from ports or fink or something (which does
not put PostgreSQL in the default location like the package listed
above) you need to add a couple additional flags to the ./configure
telling where PostgreSQL is (/opt/local or /sw/local/, maybe)

After running a top-level configure, go into the contrib/tsearch2
directory and do the rigamarole there.

I have some instructions for installing Postgres and tsearch2 from
source on OS X at http://www.visualdistortion.org/sqllogger/install.html
... simply ignore everything after you finish setting up Postgres.

Jeff