Re: List all tables from a specific database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ray O'Donnell
Subject Re: List all tables from a specific database
Date
Re: List all tables from a specific database  (Flaviu2 <flaviu2@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 14/01/2022 10:39, Flaviu2 wrote:
> I work on a project that use Postgre SQL, and I have 0 experience in
> this regard. I hope to get help here. I need two SQL scripts for Postgre:
>
> 1. Get all databases, which I aquired already:
>
> *SELECT datname FROM pg_database WHERE datistemplate = false*
>
> This one is functional, it's ok.
>
> 2. Now, I need to find all tables *under a specific* database. This one
> I don't know how to achieve it. Can you help me here ? It is possible ?

If it's any help, running psql with the -E switch will show you the SQL
which psql generates... so then (within psql) issuing the \dt command to
list tables will show you the SQL used.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland