Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Molenda, Mark P
Subject Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope
Date
List pgsql-novice
Cold Fusion is a very good tool and can be used with Java / JSP / or Java
Script.
It is a very main stream tool.  If for some reason you wanted to separate
the presentation
(web page) from the backend (postgres) it could very easily be done.

It is also very easily understood by html folks without a tremendous amount
of programming experience.

From what I understand Zope is very powerful but has a substantial learning
curve.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Aarni Ruuhimäki [mailto:aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 4:18 PM
To: Sugrue, Sean
Cc: pgsql-novice
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

Hello,

We have been using CF Pro Linux on RH-machine for about two years now. It is

very fast and powerful for all kinds of applications but has some typical
non-native features like enormous memory consumption. And the license. The
license price is not maybe too bad, considering that with a single machine
license you can manage a virtual domain server.

BR,

aarni

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 19:07, you wrote:
> I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
> client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query
> speed using Postgresql. My colleagues are pushing zope with Python,
> but I'm not
> not sure it's worth the time investment, given that it is not as easy to
> learn
> as PHP or CF for basic functional Web pages that show histogram and
> other statistical
> tools. What do you think? And what are other people using?
>
> Sean
> Product Test Engineer
> Pilot production group
>
> ---------------------------(end of