Re: type unknown - how important is it? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shachar Shemesh
Subject Re: type unknown - how important is it?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer wrote:

> Pre-7.4 servers used set autocommit on/off and that was the error they
> referred to, however after asking them to get me a test case I haven't
> heard back
> 9 times out of 10 this means that while creating their test case they
> found the problem.

You do realize that OLE DB uses pqlib's "exec with params" to pass
parameters around, and also to make sure that data is returned in binary
format. As a result, it requires PG version 7.4 and above. It may well
be that the answer is "It's irrelevant for our supported backends".
         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.