Re: New user: Windows, Postgresql, Python - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marco Colombo
Subject Re: New user: Windows, Postgresql, Python
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:46:09PM +0000, Paul Moore wrote:
>

>>The long and short of it is that I believe you just use \n to delimit
>>lines on Windows, just like anywhere else.
>

> Many thanks -- your test results contain the info we've been seeking.

Thanks a lot Paul.

Micheal, you were right.

It seems python documentation is plain wrong, or I'm not able to
read it at all:

http://docs.python.org/ref/physical.html

"A physical line ends in whatever the current platform's convention is for
terminating lines. On Unix, this is the ASCII LF (linefeed) character. On
Windows, it is the ASCII sequence CR LF (return followed by linefeed). On
Macintosh, it is the ASCII CR (return) character."

This is the language _reference_ manual, btw. I'm very surprised to hear
python on windows is so broken.

Anyway, that makes life simpler for us. plpython programs are \n separated,
no matter what platform the server runs on. Client applications just need
to conply, which is what I suggested some time ago. I'm glad to hear
there's nothing to change on the server side.

.TM.
--
      /      /       /            Marco Colombo