Questions about the use of largeobject functions from inside SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marco Bizzarri
Subject Questions about the use of largeobject functions from inside SQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all.

We have a setup with Zope and a remote Postgresql server. We're storing
blobs in largeobject files.

What we need to do is to be able to do the transfer of blobs between
Zope and postgres. I thought it was possible to use lo_* functions, by
creating a largeobject, and then sending the data using an lo_write, but
I'm unable to figure how to do this in SQL.

Any suggestions?

Note:

1) NFS in order to share disk space between the two servers is not an
option (in that case, I would be able to use lo_import/lo_export);

2) We're using ZPsycopgDA on the client side

3) I'm not on the list, so please CC to me directly

Regards
Marco