Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I'll volunteer to work on this unless an easier solution happens to
> come along in the next couple days. (aside: guc-file.l doesn't have a
> grammar, so not yet sure if that makes the issue easier or harder...)

That one's probably mostly about the issue mentioned in the other
commit you identified.  Without %top, it's impossible to make a
standalone flex module honor the rule about thou-shalt-have-no-
other-includes-before-postgres.h.  So embedding it in some other
file was originally a necessity for that.  Now that we know how
to fix that, it's just a matter of making sure that any other stuff
the scanner needs is available from a .h file.