Re: prelimiary performance comparison pgsql vs mysql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Miroslav Šulc
Subject Re: prelimiary performance comparison pgsql vs mysql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Rick,

the work you are doing is important (at least I think so).

 From my experience PosgreSQL performance is also very slow in case
there are several LEFT JOINs and there are varchar() fields. You can see
an example in archive where my problem is described (Subject: "How to
read query plan"). There is a patch that partially solves this problem
(as Tom Lane mentioned) but it is not in the latest PostgreSQL release.

I will work on improving of the design of tables that I have problem
with to see if there will be any significant speed improvements. Maybe
you could use some of my results for some of your tests then.

Miroslav

Rick Schumeyer wrote:

>Below are some PRELIMINARY results in comparing the performance of pgsql and
>mysql.

Attachment