Re: problem with distinct rows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: problem with distinct rows
Date
List pgsql-general
Add a SORTNAME field to the artist table and use that for sorting. This
will help you deal with diacrtics and accented characters by transposing
them to a regular character instead.

The sortname value for Genée would be "genee".

With a few changes to your data model (and possibly application) you
will probably end up making your life a little easier.

John Sidney-Woollett