Re: BUG #1523: precision column value returned from getTypeInfo() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: BUG #1523: precision column value returned from getTypeInfo()
Date
Re: BUG #1523: precision column value returned from getTypeInfo()  (Sergio Lob <Sergio_Lob@iwaysoftware.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
(cc'ing -jdbc)

Sergio Lob wrote:

> After calling Connection.DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo() method, the
> PRECISION column of the ResultSet seems hardcoded to value 9, which of
> course in incorrect

Well, it's working as intended in the sense that there is no code to
support retrieving a real precision value -- it is indeed a hardcoded
placeholder value. I'm not sure why '9' off the top of my head, perhaps
making that column NULL would be better? What are the units of this
value anyway?

If you're willing to do the implementation work to improve this, then
post a patch to pgsql-jdbc and I can look at applying it.

-O