strerror_r int and char* return type mixup on FC2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeroen van Iddekinge
Subject strerror_r int and char* return type mixup on FC2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I noticed that there where  strange symbols in the error message when I
can't connect to a database.
This happends in PHP and pgsql and  in the 7.4.x and 8.0 version of
postgesql

in pqStrError there is a 'if def' for 'char*' and 'int' return type
strerror_r.
I'm have FC2 linux. This version has a 'int' return type strerror_r and
not char*
I think the build system doesn't detect the return type of strerror_r
correctly and is not using
the STRERROR_R_INT but the 'char*' part.

This happends in 7.4.x(wich is the offical FC2 release) and mine own
build 8.0. The libc
version is the default 2.3.3
Is this problem known?

According config.log i have build 8.0 with the following swiches:
./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-thre
ads=posix --disable-checking --disable-libunwind-exceptions
--with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --host=i386-redhat-linux

Regards
Jeroen