Re: How can I make use of both CPUs in a dual processor - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex
Subject Re: How can I make use of both CPUs in a dual processor
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks John.

Well as I mentioned. I have a  Dual AMD Opteron 64 2.4ghz, 15k rpm SCSI
Disks, 4GB of memory.
Disks are pretty fast and memory should be more than enough. Currently
we dont have many concurrent connections.

I run PG 8.0.1 on Fedora Core 3

When I now run the batch job, one CPU runs in the 80-90% the other in
5-10% max.