Re: query produces 1 GB temp file - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dirk.Lutzebaeck@t-online.de (Dirk Lutzebaeck)
Subject Re: query produces 1 GB temp file
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom,

the orginal query has more output columns. I reduced it for readability.
Specifically it returns a persitent object (flatobj column) which needs
to be processed by the application as the returned result. The problem
of the huge sort space usage seems to be that the flatobj is part of the
row, so it used always copied in the sort algorithm I guess. When I drop
the flatobj from the output columns the size of the temp space file
drops dramatically. So I'll probably need to read flatobj after the
sorting from the limited return result in a subselect.

Regards,

Dirk