Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip kumar
Subject Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 07 July 2014 17:55 Rebert Hass Wrote,

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 1:15 AM, Dilip kumar <dilip.kumar@huawei.com>
> wrote:
> > In attached patch, I have moved pgpipe, piperead functions to
> > src/port/pipe.c
>
> If we want to consider proceeding with this approach, you should
> probably separate this into a refactoring patch that doesn't do
> anything but move code around and a feature patch that applies on top
> of it.
>
> (As to whether this is the right approach, I'm not sure.)

I have done the refactoring of the code.

Two patches are attached

1. vacuumdb_parallel_refactor.patch  --> Moved pg_dump, parallel code to port/parallel_utils.c  (almost 800 lines are
movedto the common code).

2. vacuumdb_parallel_v9 --> Feature changes for vaccumdb parallel (created on top of first patch).

I think by this changes, we are able to address all the concerns we were having related to duplicate code.

Thanks & Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment