Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip kumar
Subject Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04 December 2013, Sawada Masahiko Wrote

> I attached the patch which have modified based on Robert suggestion,
> and fixed typo.

I have reviewed the modified patch and I have some comments..

1. Patch need to be rebased (failed applying on head)

2. crc field should be at end in ControlFileData struct, because for crc calculation, it directly take the offset of
crcfield in ControlFileData.

     /* CRC of all above ... MUST BE LAST! */     pg_crc32    crc;
+
+     /* Enable logging WAL when updating hint bits */
+     bool        wal_log_hintbits;
} ControlFileData;

3. wal_log_hintbits field should be printed in PrintControlValues function.

Regards,
Dilip