Re: Flattening a kind of 'dynamic' table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Flattening a kind of 'dynamic' table
Date
Re: Flattening a kind of 'dynamic' table
List pgsql-performance
Alexandre Leclerc wrote:
> I'm a little bit confused on how to install this contirb. I know my
> contrib package is installed, but I don't know how to make it work in
> postgresql. (Using 7.4.5-1mdk on Mandrake Linux.)

Find the file tablefunc.sql and redirect it into your database, e.g.

psql mydatabase < /path/to/contrib/scripts/tablefunc.sql

I have no idea where that would be on Mandrake, but you could probably do:

locate tablefunc.sql

On Fedora Core 1 I find it here:
/usr/share/pgsql/contrib/tablefunc.sql

Also find and read README.tablefunc.