Re: Extended unit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shawn Harrison
Subject Re: Extended unit
Date
List pgsql-general
Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote [01/27/05 9:19 AM]:
> On Jan 26, 2005, at 6:57 PM, PFC wrote:
>
>> Isn't there some free open source algebraic computation toolkit with
>> equations and units somewhere ?

A very simple but effective system that I have used quite a lot for
"computation with units" is a Python module called unum ("Unit numbers"):

http://home.tiscali.be/be052320/Unum.html

I suppose what makes this (marginally) "on-topic" is that you could use
it within pgpythonu, but I haven't tried that myself. In particular,
you'd have to serialize the unum objects to store them.
--
harrison@tbc.net