Re: update from multiple rows - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From franco
Subject Re: update from multiple rows
Date
List pgsql-sql
I understand data_sys is the average value for the 3 days, from at the
day before to the day after.
This should do what you want, in one pass. Check the average function in
the subselect. If what you want is to divide by 3 no matter how many
records where found, enable the commented line.

UPDATE mytable SET data_sys=TMP.average
FROM (
--get the averages by date
SELECT
MT1.date AS date,
avg(MT2.data_raw) AS average
--sum(MT2.data_raw)/3 AS average
FROM
mytable MT1
INNER JOIN mytable MT2 ON (MT2.date BETWEEN MT1.date-1 AND MT1.date+1)
GROUP BY
MT1.date
) AS TMP
WHERE
mytable.date=TMP.date

Hope this is what you where looking for.