Re: Avoid long-running transactions in a long-runningstored procedure? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From David Crane
Subject Re: Avoid long-running transactions in a long-runningstored procedure?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks for the prompt replies!

It sounds like these are variations of the same approach.  In our case,
we need to do a lot of comparing against the old data, audit tables and
so forth, so the bulk of the work is in the body of the existing loop
(already coded).  So I think keeping that loop body in a stand-alone
stored procedure will be the most efficient for us.  And we'll port the
logic outside the loop into a java program, easier for us to schedule
through another existing system.

Those autonomous transactions are gonna be nice, but PostgreSQL is
plenty nice as it is.  Progress is good, though.

Thanks,
David Crane