Re: PostgreSQL 8 on windows very slow - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasper Potts
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8 on windows very slow
Date
List pgsql-general
In our testing Postgres came out on top, well MySql was faster if you
use the non-transactional table type "MyISAM". If you use the InnoDb
table type it comes out slower. All of this is very subjective depending
on your querys and data set. Have you run the ANALYZE command on
Postgres since you have added the data into the tables? It makes a huge
difference in performance for us.

Hope that helps, Jasper