Re: could not create shared memory segment: Function not - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Reini Urban
Subject Re: could not create shared memory segment: Function not
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Randy Yates schrieb:
> PS: Yes, I've searched the postgres archives for this problem and yes
> I've seen many similar references to it and yes I've read the
> FAQ_MSWIN file and yes I've ensured my cygwin binaries are before my
> windows binaries in my PATH. And I STILL cannot get this to
> work. Please help!
>
> PSS: I've also created the small shmget test function that's attached
> and it works fine with cygserver. I'm using cygserver, not ipc-daemon2
> as stated in the FAQ_MSWIN

If you are using cygserver, you must have CYGWIN=server in the initdb
process space.

But most likely you didn't de-install ipc-daemon2, so configure picks
this up and links to the ipc-daemon2 library, instead of the cygwin1.dll
internal cygserver, so shmget will not be found.

--
Reini Urban