Re: OID Usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bo Lorentsen
Subject Re: OID Usage
Date
Re: OID Usage  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr wrote:

>You could query the system catalogs for the table's primary key,
>either on the client side or in a server-side function.  The
>pg_attrdef table even has the default value's nextval() expression
>with the sequence name, which could be converted into a currval()
>call.

This is not a bad ideer, I will take a look in the "pg_attrdef" table to
see what I can find, and some good caching may help alot too :-)

But, does this mean that the oid sollution I have decriped (and
implimentet) have some unknown problems, or will oid's become obsolete
in the near future ?

/BL