Re: Version Control Software for Database Objects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Version Control Software for Database Objects
Date
List pgsql-general
PG Lightning Admin has version control(with a diff viewer) for functions
built in.
It wouldn't be that difficult to add other objects after I release 1.0

Here is a screen shot:

http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/downloads/pg_screenshots/function_version_control.PNG

It creates a table in the public schema to hold the version information
and it keeps track of who did what by pulling in the userid from the OS,
not from PG.
On a NT domain or active dir it will also look up the full name of the user.

I will be releasing the program as shareware for 29.99 ( a pretty good deal)
It also has a function editor and query editor with code completion and
param hinting for built in as well as user created functions.
Here are some more screen shots:
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/pg_ss.asp.asp

You could also beta test and receive it for free :-)  Let me know if you
would like to participate.

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design