Re: SELECT from multiple tables (not join though) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madison Kelly
Subject Re: SELECT from multiple tables (not join though)
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex Turner wrote:
> To be honest, it looks like you might need a schema adjustment.
> Normalization means keeping one kind of thing in one place, avoiding
> ugly queries.  Inheritance can also help with this too.
>
> Alex Turner
> NetEconomist

Hi,

   The schema started off with all the data in one place as you
described but in this case I kind of had to split out the data into
different tables in order to win pretty major performance gains
elsewhere. By Inheritance you mean using pkeys and such, right? I
haven't looked into using pkeys and such yet... I haven't seen a
compelling reason to in my app yet, this may be it?

Thanks for your reply!

Madison