Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions.. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32

Tom Lane wrote:

>"T.J." <tjtoocool@phreaker.net> writes:
>

>>Has anyone else tested out the use of client certs with the new win
>>code? Rebuilt the latest from scratch and I started getting SSL SYSCALL,
>>so I went into fe-secure.c, and commented out line 842 (again), and now
>>it works (again). Any ideas why commenting that line is such a
>>penicillin? Or rather, why that if statement is causing such problems.
>>

>Doh --- isn't fstat's st_ino a meaningless value on Windows?

Pretty much, yes. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt__fstat.2c_._fstati64.asp
and

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt__stat.2c_._wstat.2c_._stati64.2c_._wstati64.asp

The latter states:  "The inode, and therefore *st_ino*, has no meaning
in the FAT, HPFS, or NTFS file systems." The fstat page doesn't even
refer to it at all.

cheers

andrew