Re: race condition for drop schema cascade? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: race condition for drop schema cascade?
Date
Re: race condition for drop schema cascade?
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>I have seen this failure several times, but not consistently, on the
>>buildfarm member otter (Debian/MIPS) and possible on others, and am
>>wondering if it indicates a possible race condition on DROP SCHEMA CASCADE.
>>

>Hard to see what, considering that there's only one backend touching
>that tablespace in the test.  I'd be inclined to wonder if there's
>a filesystem-level problem on that platform.  What filesystem are you
>running on anyway?

I have just seen this error again, this time on Cygwin. I did a trawl thought the buildfarm history looking for other
occurrencesand found it happening on many platforms:

pgbuildfarm=# select name, operating_system, stage, count from buildsystems b, (select sysname, stage, count(*) as
countfrom build_status where log ~ 'tablespace "testspace" is not empty' group by sysname, stage) as s where
s.sysname=b.name;
  name    | operating_system |    stage     | count
----------+------------------+--------------+-------
spoonbill | OpenBSD          | Check        |     2
lionfish  | Linux            | Check        |     9
kudu      | Solaris          | InstallCheck |     1
kudu      | Solaris          | Check        |     5
emu       | OpenBSD          | Check        |   137
loris     | Windows          | Check        |     2
gibbon    | Cygwin           | InstallCheck |     1
panda     | Linux Debian     | Check        |     3
otter     | Debian Linux     | Check        |     2
hare      | Debian Linux     | Check        |     3
dog       | Fedora Core      | Check        |    17
fantail   | Linux            | Check        |     3
osprey    | NetBSD           | Check        |    15

(13 rows)

cheers

andrew