Re: Open connections - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Open connections
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Nico,

this is somewhat problematic, the only way to do this is to use the unix
tool ps to determine the number of processes.

A much better way to do this is to use a robust connection pool like
dbcp from apache, which will manage your connections for you.

Dave

Nico wrote:

>I would like to know how many connections are open at a certain time from a
>servlet, so I can anticipate connection errors. How do I do that?
>
>Nico.

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com