Re: Get current trasanction id - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marek Lewczuk
Subject Re: Get current trasanction id
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr napisał(a):
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 09:52:57AM +0100, Marek Lewczuk wrote:
>

>>is there any way to get current transaction id using plpgsql or sql ?
>

> A couple of people have posted suggestions but I'll ask a question:
>
> Why do you want the transaction ID?  What problem are you trying
> to solve?

Michael,
I've already solved the problem - I found somewhere on the web a very
simple C function, which returns transaction id. I need transaction id
for plperl functions setVar, getVar (using $_SHARED array). Functions
can write/read variables which are available either for connection or
transaction.

Regards,

ML