Re: 8.0 rc2 Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Childs
Subject Re: 8.0 rc2 Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Peter Childs <blue.dragon@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>

>>2. I loaded out 7.4 database on via a dump and reload. Once done I keep
>>getting errors when it trys to analyse (I'm using autovacuum) Nothing
>>unsuall just a straght forward pg_dump from 7.4 loaded into 8.0.
>>

>>Dec 27 07:34:45 ex37 postgres[5745]: [28-1] ERROR:  could not access
>>status of transaction 2684354560
>>

>Is this repeatable if you start over (re-initdb and reload)?  If so I'd
>be very interested to see the dump file.
>
>            regards, tom lane

    I've dumped twice and reloaded twice same problem both times. Its
difficult to let you see the dump as due to Data Protection. I re-inited
once and reloaded just to check. I'll try a dump without data and see if
that causes the same problem If that fails I'll can send you that. Then
I might try adding data for tables that are not a risk.
    I'll do it tomarrow now, as I'm off as my Wife had a baby yestarday.

Peter Childs