Re: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Date
Re: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!  ("A. Mous" <a.mous@shaw.ca>)
List pgsql-general
A. Mous wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm using psql 8.0.0 on a client's site who's running win server 2003.
>We've had him on beta 3 for some time, and no problems at all (yes, in a
>sense, he is a beta tester as well, but doesn't know it!).  Today I tried to
>upgrade the db to RC1 and had some problems.
>
>Remote clients connect to this database, so I have to set listen_addresses =
>'*' in the posrgresql.conf file.  This is the only change to the config
>file.  Doing this with RC1 and trying to connect locally with through psql
>resulted in the following error message:
>
>"could not receive server response to SSL negotiation packet; connection
>reset by peer (0x00002746/10054)"

The clients connecting remotely... do they support SSL? It looks
like to me that you have ssl enabled. I would check the pg_hba.conf
and the postgresql.conf for your ssl configuration.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Removing the modified line in the config file resolved the problem
>(locally), however, no clients can connect!  Beta 3 does not seem to have
>this issue, so we had to revert back to it for now.
>
>I would appreciate any ideas that some of you may have.  Much thanks,
>
>-Peter

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your

Attachment