Re: 8.0RC1 tomorrow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: 8.0RC1 tomorrow
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>>If you have something missing from here I'm especially interested in
>>hearing from you.
>>

>I think "Linux" entries are quite useless.  We need to know what
>distribution (and version) it is.  The kernel is actually a pretty
>uninteresting part of the porting process.

I would very much welcome your input and that of other major developers on
a) how we classify farm members,
b) what steps should be run for a farm test, and
c) what information would be useful from a build run.

Unfortunately I got hit with some unexpected issues about a month ago
that have restricted my available time rather.

So far I have been concentrating on getting the clients working robustly
- Windows and Cygwin have been something of a challenge, as expected.
The server side is extremely simple - crude even. The database is as
just 2 tables like this:

pgbuildfarm=# \d buildsystems
    Table "public.buildsystems"
     Column      | Type | Modifiers
-----------------+------+-----------
name             | text | not null
secret           | text | not null
operating_system | text | not null
os_version       | text | not null
compiler         | text | not null
compiler_version | text | not null
architecture     | text | not null
status           | text | not null
sys_owner        | text | not null
owner_email      | text | not null

   "buildsystems_pkey" primary key, btree (name)

pgbuildfarm=# \d build_status
                  Table "public.build_status"
       Column         |            Type             | Modifiers
----------------------+-----------------------------+-----------
sysname               | text                        | not null
snapshot              | timestamp without time zone | not null
status                | integer                     |
stage                 | text                        |
log                   | text                        |
conf_sum              | text                        |
branch                | text                        |
changed_this_run      | text                        |
changed_since_success | text                        |

   "build_status_pkey" primary key, btree (sysname, snapshot)
   "bs_branch_snapshot_idx" btree (branch, snapshot)
   "bs_sysname_branch_idx" btree (sysname, branch)

Foreign-key constraints:
   "bs_fk" FOREIGN KEY (sysname) REFERENCES buildsystems(name) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE

These were really more or less placeholders while I got things up and running.

Any constructive input is welcome. Anyone who would like to make the web
site look spiffy rather than pedestrian would be especially welcome
(it's done in perl + template toolkit).

cheers

andrew