Re: Ready for RC1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Ready for RC1
Date
Re: Ready for RC1
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > > Considering that you just added at least three new and completely
> > > untested features, I don't think RC1 is the way to go.
> >
> > I have to agree here ... I'd do a beta6 tomorrow, but "Open Items for 8.0"
> > means we aren't ready for a "Release Candidate" ...
>
> True, I was going to just move them to TODO and push on but there has
> been on agreement that is the way to go for the open items.

One more issue.  Until we start RC, patches that are bug fixes will
continue to be applied.  Do we want that?  By going RC we are basically
saying we need to focus on docs and packaging and we perhaps can keep
fixes for 8.0.1.

Pennsylvania19073