bug fix request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject bug fix request
Date
Re: bug fix request  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I would like to beg for some sort of fix to psql's handling of COPY data
if the COPY fails.

Presently you get a million lines of '\N command not recognised' and
various other random things because if a line of the copy fails due to
say a FK constraint, or even if the COPY is run in an aborted
transaction, it tries to execute all the stdin data as actual
statements.  It's really, really, really annoying.

Also, sometimes when you copy and paste SQL into a psql window, it
executes help on commands for each line, although it doesn't affect the
paste.  That is also really annoying.  I'll add to this email when it
happens to me again, cos I tried a few pastes and couldn't reproduce it :/

Chris