Re: [HACKERS] Help! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Help!
Date
List pgsql-general
ElayaRaja S wrote:
> Hi,
> While configuring OpenCRX by using Postgresql i am facing probmelm.
> The problem while creating db using the command ( createdb -h
> localhost -E utf8 -U system crx-CRX ) .
> Erro:
> createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect
> to server:
>      Connection refused
>       Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>       TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

OK - it's saying it can't connect and asks you whether the server is
running and accepting connections on localhost:5432.
Is it?
What does "service postgresql status" say?
Have you checked your pg_hba.conf settings?

> Details of Platfor that i am using:
> 1) Linux 9

No such thing. Do you mean RedHat 9?

> 2) Postgre SQL 7.4.5
> Note: I have doubt whether the error is due to my existing Postgresql
> 7.3. Means while installing linux there is built in postgresql 7.3.
> But i am installed postgresql 7.4.5. Plz let me know its very urgent.

How did you install 7.4.5? How was 7.3 Installed? What errors did you see?

There are RPMs available for RedHat 9 (if that's what you're running) -
look in the "binary" folder on the download page. They should install
without problem, just remove 7.3 before.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd