Re: When running with autocommit false only the first BEGIN - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: When running with autocommit false only the first BEGIN
Date
Re: When running with autocommit false only the first BEGIN
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:
> That certainly doesn't seem acceptable. As Barry points out people will
> really be in the dark when their code doesn't work.

There's nothing much the driver can do about it other than not using the
new features of V3. This needs a server-side fix.

We could make BEGIN/COMMIT/ROLLBACK more visible at the (small) cost of
an extra Parse on each execution. But you're still going to have the
same problem with user queries once statements start using server-side
prepare.

See http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-05/msg01173.php
for past discussion. I looked at fixing it briefly but didn't have time
to put together a patch.

-O