Re: Strange server error with current 8.0beta driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Strange server error with current 8.0beta driver
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:

> Environment #1:  WinXP 8.0beta4 server, 8.0jdbc client
> 2004-11-19 12:19:06 ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 25344832

> Environment #2:  Sun Solaris 7.4.3 server, 8.0jdbc client
> ERROR: no value found for parameter 1

 From memory the 7.4.3 behaviour you see can happen if you DECLARE
CURSOR with a parameterized query (executes OK) then try to FETCH from
it (fails with the above error, as the original parameter values from
DECLARE execution are not stored with the portal). The parameterization
can happen either via V3 protocol Parse/Bind or via function execution,
IIRC.

I put together a patch to fix this that made it into 8.0 (with some
changes IIRC), perhaps the bug lies in there somewhere.

-O