Re: Test database for new installs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Test database for new installs?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Andrew,
>

>>>I can't get too excited about this, to be honest. What I would like to
>>>see, either in contrib or on pgfoundry, is one or more moderately
>>>complete and well populated sample databases.
>>
>>How about the tpcw database model, filled with some real world data
>>(e.g. pgsql books)? Other proposals? I could spend some minutes on that.
>

> Hmmm ... sounds like an add-in project.    I'm not sure, I think something
> which demonstrates more general principles than the TPC-W database would be
> useful, sort of a "training database".

I didn't mean to supply the optimal training database with tpc-w; at
least, it's not ill-designed, and uses some FKs. Better than what we
have now.

> Maybe one of the writers of PGSQL books has such a thing?   Maybe Bruce?

Maybe Michael? Or other OS projects using pgsql? Unfortunately, I only
know projects (groupware) which use pgsql with ill-designed db schemas.

Regards,
Andreas