Re: Interaction between Free Space Map an alternate location - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Interaction between Free Space Map an alternate location
Date
List pgsql-performance
Ok, so the global part of the fsm is just that it is in shared memory.  If certain databases have more
free space they will simply take up more of the fsm. There is no cross database movement of tuples.
( I realized this when I tried to form my next question)

Dave

Tom Lane wrote:
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
Can someone explain how the free space map deals with alternate database
locations?
It doesn't really care.  It identifies tables by database OID+table OID,
and where they happen to sit physically doesn't matter.

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com
519 939 0336
ICQ#14675561